Monday 18 June 2012

PROMISING CALL

PROMISING CALL
              















I kept a close eye on it
As I waited for it to ring
It seemed quieter than ever more than a handbag
Its silence began to nerve me
I made myself a cup of coffee
I paged through a magazine
I went to look outside through a window
Turned T.V on
Changed channels
Switched it off
Still I waited
An hour passed
I paced up & down like a caged animal
I sat down and hold a pillow tight like a little scared child
I got up
I looked at the watch
It seemed as If something was wrong with it
I glance at the phone willing to ring
Nothing
Another hour passed
If it would ring I would be in heaven
But why at this time it hasn`t ring?
I jumped at the sound of it dressed in hope
I picked up the call
A dissapointing wave washed me off
It wasn`t the promising call
Words came icy to the receiver then hunged it up
I felf empty more than an empty bottle
I still waited
The phone was still as a photo
I waited, and waited, and waited
The sound of it seemed to be coming from far as it rang again
``Hello.``
``Hey, Im sorry to call at this time, I promise I won`t make a habit of it. Will you forgive me?``
My heart melted as the words came out warm
And the voice came so tender

No comments:

Post a Comment